Frequently Asked Questions
Please read our FAQ before sending us a message.
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the TheGiftIdeaShop.com website and all content, services, and products available at or through the website, including, but not limited to, associated blogs, forums, and websites, taken together, the Website.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. (See the drop-down lists below.) By accessing or using any part of the website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, then you should not continue to use the Website or use any services and leave immediately. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by TheGiftIdeaShop.com, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
You agree that you shall not use the website for any illegal purposes, and that you will respect all applicable laws and regulations.
You agree not to use the website in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt or manipulate the content or information available on the website, or reduce the overall functionality of the website.
You agree not to compromise the security of the website or attempt to gain access to secured areas of the website or attempt to access any sensitive information you may believe exist on the website or server where it is hosted.
You agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, losses, liability, costs including legal fees incurred by us arising from any infringement of the terms and conditions in this agreement and to which you will have agreed if you continue to use the website.
TheGiftIdeaShop.com grants you a limited license to access and use this website for your personal use, and to copy, distribute, and transmit the content of this website only to the extent that such copying, distribution, and transmission is automatically done through your browser software incidental to using the website for your personal use.
This license or access and use does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents, any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of information; or any use of data mining, content scraping, robots, or data gathering and extraction tools.
Except as permitted above, this website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of TheGiftIdeaShop.com. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing TheGiftIdeaShop’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of TheGiftIdeaShop.com. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by TheGiftIdeaShop.com.
The Gift Idea Shop reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. The Gift Idea Shop may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Last Revised: 02/05/17.
The Gift Idea Shop may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Indemnification: You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The Gift Idea Shop its administrators, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, liabilities, and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
The Gift Idea Shop shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss, damage, or injury, or death caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any use or application of any product, book, program, conversation, blog article, guide, recipe, food or food source, supplement, beauty regimen, fitness regimen, lifestyle choice, or personal care item discussed on this site.
Computer users: When using the The Gift Idea Shop, information will be transmitted over a medium that is beyond the control and jurisdiction of The Gift Idea Shop. Accordingly, The Gift Idea Shop assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, interception, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the The Gift Idea Shop. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
Accuracy of Information
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by TheGiftIdeaShop.com and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, suitability, availability, or otherwise with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website (or referred to from this site) for any purpose. There is no promise or guarantee that anything contained herein is correct, complete, or up-to-date. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, TheGiftIdeaShop.com takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Links to Other Sites:
The Gift Idea Shop may provide links to third-party websites which are not under the control of TheGiftIdeaShop.com. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The Gift Idea Shop is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites, sites framed within the The Gift Idea Shop, third-party sites provided as search results, or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Last Revised: 02-05-2017
In 2015, the Federal Trade Commission released their new rules for Disclosure Compliance. These rules are set in place to ensure that readers or viewers of web media (blogs, Youtube videos, etc.) know if the blogger/presenter is sponsored, endorsed, or partnered with a different company. In blog terms, the readers need to know if the blogger is making money by sharing a link or product. In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about links and posts on this site: Any/all of the links on TheGiftIdeaShop.com are affiliate links of which I receive a small compensation from sales of certain items.
What are affiliate links?
Purchases are made on external affiliate company websites: When a reader clicks on an affiliate link located on TheGiftIdeaShop.com to purchase an item, the reader buys the item from the seller directly (not from The Gift Idea Shop). Amazon or sharesale.com pays The Gift Idea Shop a small commission or other compensation for promoting their website or products through their affiliate program.
Prices are exactly the same for you if your purchase is through an affiliate link or a non-affiliate link.
You will not pay more by clicking through to the link.
I use two types of affiliate programs:
1. Amazon affiliate links:
TheGiftIdeaShop.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Amazon offers a small commission on products sold through their affiliate links. Each of your purchases via our Amazon affiliation links supports our cause at no additional cost to you.
If a blogger links to an Amazon product (with a special code for affiliates embedded in the link), and a reader places an item in their “shopping cart” through that link within 24 hours of clicking the link, the blogger gets a small percentage of the sale.
Amazon links are not “pay per click.” If you click on the product link and stay around Amazon and purchase something else, however, I will get commission on that sale.
Anytime you see a link that looks like http://astore.amazon.com/…… or www.amazon.com/…. it is an Amazon affiliate link.
2. ShareSale.com affiliate links:
TheGiftIdeaShop.com is a participant in the ShareSale.com Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Sharesale.com merchants including, but not limited to, belgianhuis.com
ShareSale.com offers a small commission on products sold through their affiliate links. Each of your purchases via our ShareSale.com links supports our cause at no additional cost to you.
ShareSale.com pays me a small commission every time a reader clicks a link to or on right hand bar advertisement. ShareASale links can be distinguished by the URL, which reads “http://www.shareasale.com…”
Sharesale.com links are not “pay per click.” but again I do make a small percentage if you do make a purchase.
What about sponsored content?
I do not write sponsored posts. I want to bring you real, un-biased information. However, if a post is sponsored by a company, I will disclose this clearly in the beginning of the post.
As for my social media pages where I use Amazon & other affiliate links for product recommendations, I will include a link to this post or put “(affiliate link)” in the post.
NOTE: I only recommend products I use myself or that I would recommend for my family & friends. Your purchases help support my work for helping find original, trending ideas for gifts for your friends and family! THANK YOU Very much and I appreciate every single interaction with you!!
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter. Anytime you enter your email address in order to obtain a free e-book, e-course, or the like, your email address is automatically added to the main The Gift Idea Shop. You can unsubscribe.
When commenting, submitting a form, ordering, or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, website, social media links, address, or e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide may be used to send you information, newsletters, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Like many other Web sites, www.TheGiftIdeaShop.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure, and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Cookies and Web Beacons
What are cookies? A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another. Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies through your individual browser options, but if you do, some features of this site may not work as intended. For more details, see aboutcookies.org.
1. www.TheGiftIdeaShop.com, as a website designed by WordPress, Woocommerce, and WooZone as well as hosted on GoDaddy, does have cookies enabled on it. Via our website, Woocommerce and WooZone may automatically receive and record information on their server logs from your browser by using a cookie. This includes information including your IP address, cookies, visitor preferences, and user-specific information on which pages the users access or visit. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This information may be used to customize Web page content based on visitors browser type or other information that visitors send via their browser. However, we do not link such information to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, in the (unlikely) event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer, for fraud protection or to reduce the risk of fraud, or to protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 02/05/17.
The following apply to all comments posted on TheGiftIdeaShop.com:
- Your Name: Please use your real first name and not a business name when commenting.
- All Rights Reserved: I reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. I also reserve the right to block access to any one or group from commenting, or from accessing TheGiftIdeaShop.com. By submitting Content to TheGiftIdeaShop.com for inclusion on this Website, you grant The Gift Idea Shop a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, and publish the Content.
- Links: Please do not put your personal URL in the comment text. Links that contribute to the conversation and are relevant will be allowed, but links that are just promotional without contributing to the conversation will be immediately deleted. Comments that are obviously just at attempt to get a backlink will be deleted.
- Copyright/Plagiarism: If notice is received that a comment contains proprietary, copyrighted or plagiarized information, that comment will be deleted and the commenter may be blocked from further commenting.
- Privacy: Comments containing email addresses, physical mail addresses, phone numbers, and any private or personal information will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the affected party. To prevent such editing, never share private information within blog comments. Once your comment is published, the IP Address of your computer/device is recorded in the website’s log files.
- The “Thank You” webpage and social media pages: Your first name may be used on the “Thank You” page or on various social media pages when the blog owner wishes to publish a compliment the commenter has written about the material contained on the website.
- Respect: Respect, tact, and good manners are necessary when commenting on my posts or with others on TheGiftIdeaShop.com. Comments which include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by the blog owner to be rude and offensive, will be deleted. No rude or personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You may openly discuss, question, or argue the content, but not attack the post author, nor any other commenters. Failure to respect fellow participants on this blog will result in permanent removal and blocked access.
- Comment Spam: Any comment deemed comment spam will be deleted and marked as comment spam. Commenters who post spam will be blacklisted from commenting in the future.
- Liability: All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the individual commenter. By submitting a comment on this blog, you agree that the comment Content is your own, and to hold this site, TheGiftIdeaShop.com, and all post authors harmless. You, the commenter, are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software.
- What To Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear: Please be patient. Comments cannot always be approved right away. Please do not submit the same comment unless you think your original comment was not submitted correctly the first time.
- Deleted Comments: Deleted comments are deleted permanently from appearing on the website, but do remain in the website administrator’s files.
Last Revised: 02/05/0/17